The global automated plate readers market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.68%, over the forecast period (2018-2023). Absorbance detection is used for plate readers for quantifying protein and other activities, via a specific light source connected through an optical filter, for analyzing the sample. Fluorescence detection is developed for detecting micro plate. It is more expensive than absorbance detection. In the pattern for fluorescence detection, the sample undergoes illumination through two optical systems. The main advantage for fluorescence detection is, it detects the sample with proper range as per sample size, for sensitivity. Luminescence detection is operated without a light source, as they consist of a light chamber for reading the sample. Light scattering detection is operated by passing the beam of light through the sample, with the help of a micro plate.
Flexibility and Adaptability of Lab Automation System is Augmenting the Market Growth
The operational and strategic needs of labs are continually changing, evolving, and expanding. The adoption of a new laboratory automation solution utilizes a workflow analysis and offers benefits to laboratories to a large extent. A workflow study will provide lab leaders with a transparent and data-driven picture of what the laboratory is doing right now. As the demand for testing and more test types, coupled with efficient usage of advanced diagnostic devices, and increasing automation increases, the laboratory equipment for laboratory automation is rising to meet the needs. The need for flexibility and adaptability in a laboratory is driving more number of laboratories to look for solutions that will help in growing their panel selections in diagnostic systems, along with the ability to offer flexibility to third-party providers.
Bioanalysis Application is Growing Exponentially
The use of technology to streamline or substitute manual intervention of equipment and processes is known as lab automation. Technological innovations leading to device miniaturization and increased throughput, demand for replicable and accurate solutions to aid diagnostics/clinical research, and the need for efficient testing processes to off-set lack of highly skilled laboratory professionals, are the factors fuelling the growth in bioanalysis. This segment is expected to grow with the highest annual growth rate, during the forecast period. This is due to the snowballing investments and R&D activities in biotechnology and life sciences for applications in drug discovery, which propel the need for automated plate readers.
North America holds the Largest Market Share
The market landscape in North America is extremely dynamic, with a high level of merger and acquisition activities and many high-value deals. The United States is a major contributor in this region. Asia-Pacific and Latin America are the emerging regions and are expected to grow at an exponential rate, owing to factors like considerable increase in outsourcing pharmaceutical manufacturing, due to the availability of cheaper resources and labors. Stringent regulations for classification of devices imposed by the US government and the FDA, to assure safety and effectiveness, along with the growing demand in the market, is also expected to drive the market for automated plate readers.
Major Players: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Beckman Coulter, Hudson Robotics, Becton Dickinson, Synchron Lab Automation, Agilent Technologies, Siemens Healthcare, Tecan Group Ltd, Perkinelmer, Bio-Rad, Roche Holding AG, Eppendorf AG, Shimadzu, and Aurora Biomed.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017 - Agilent Technologies announced a platinum sponsorship agreement with LabCentral, a biotech innovation hub based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. As a platinum sponsor, Agilent will provide LabCentral's shared laboratory workspace with a variety of technologies.
- July 2017 – Thermo Fisher Scientific announced two innovative technologies (ISQ EC Single Quadrupole mass spectrometer, MAbPac RP 1mm columns). These are expected to increase the analytical analysis.
- June 2017 - Roche announced that it would be showcasing new solutions for lab innovation and leadership at the 22nd IFCC–EFLM European Congress of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicines (EuroMedLab) in Athens. The congress will offer the opportunity to experience Roche’s latest technological advancements in diagnostics technology and solutions, including the Roche Integrated Core Lab (ICL), first-hand.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- The flexibility and adaptability of lab automation system that will act as a driver to the global market scenario
- Analyze various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The application that is expected to dominate the market
- The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth, during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support, along with the market estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.1 Market Segmentation
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1 Factors Driving the Market
5.1.1 Digital Transformation for labs with IoT
5.1.2 Development of Smaller Automated Machines
5.2 Factors Restraining the Market
5.2.1 Interconnecting Various Platforms Across the Lab
6. Technology Overview
6.1 Technology Snapshot
6.2 Industry Applications
7. Different Equipment In Lab Automation
7.1 Automated Liquid Handlers
7.2 Automated Plate Handlers
7.3 Robotic Arms
7.4 Automated Storage and Retrieval System (AS/RS)
8. Global Automated Plate Readers Segmentation
8.1 By Type
8.1.4 Time-resolved Fluorescence
8.1.5 Fluorescence Polarization
8.1.6 Light Scattering
8.2 By Application
8.2.1 Drug Discovery
8.2.4 Bio Analysis
8.2.5 Analytical Chemistry
8.2.6 Clinical Diagnostics
8.3 By Geography
8.3.1 North America
8.3.4 Rest of the World
9. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
9.1 Thermo Fisher Scientific
9.3 Hudson Robotics
9.4 Becton Dickinson
9.5 Synchron Lab Automation
9.6 Agilent Technologies
9.7 Siemens Healthcare
9.8 Tecan Group Ltd
9.10 Honeywell International
9.12 Roche Holding AG
9.13 Eppendorf AG
9.15 Aurora Biomed
10. Investment Analysis
11. Future of the Market