Though Germany forms the largest European market for starch derivatives, accounting for an estimated 30% share in 2016, the region’s demand for growth is likely to be modest. In terms of product type, glucose syrup is the largest variety of starch derivative utilised in Germany, with demand for maltodextrin expected to record the fastest growth between 2018 and 2023. Though food & beverage applications dominate the German starch derivatives market, fastest growth in demand for these products is likely to be witnessed by the pharmaceutical sector.
The production of starch derivatives involves the chemical reaction of hydroxyl groups of raw starches with a variety of functional groups. This helps in transforming the raw starches through the elimination of several deficiencies inherent in them and imparting beneficial properties for a range of applications. Starch derivatives comprise of a number of products with unique characteristics that include stability in fluid paste, gelatinization, outstanding fluid viscosity, chemical resistance and electrical property, among others.
The Germany starch derivatives sector has been evolving as a consequence of technological advancements, which has resulted in the introduction of innovative products and solutions. The starch derivatives market has been increasing because of growing demand for convenience foods and beverages in the emerging countries. In addition, the functional properties possessed by starch derivatives has also been instrumental in promoting their use in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and bioethanol industries. Cyclodextrin, glucose syrup, hydrolysates, maltodextrin and modified starches are the various types of starch derivatives considered in this report, which are derived through the chemical, physical or enzymatic treatment of native starch.
Raw material suppliers, processors and the final product manufacturers constitute the various stakeholders in the starch derivatives industry. Major producers of starch derivatives have been engaged in the strategies of focusing on innovation in products, expanding current operations and commencing new ones and investing in products of other companies, among others. While the leading five companies account for a substantial share of the global starch derivatives market, small and medium players to have made significant contributions to the industry.
What the Report Offers
- A key insight into the market size, share and forecast for starch derivatives.
- 2) Type of starch derivatives analyzed by cyclodextrin, glucose syrup, hydrolysates, maltodextrin and modified starches.
- 3) Applications of starch derivatives analyzed by animal feed, bioethanol, cosmetics, food & beverage, papermaking, pharmaceutical and other applications.
- 4) Factors instrumental in changing market scenarios and prospective opportunities.
- 5) Extensively researched competitive landscape section.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- For gaining an exhaustive understanding of the Germany starch derivatives market.
- Would be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
- An ideal opportunity for industry consultants, starch derivative manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
- Wide-ranging information provided about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Factors Driving the Starch Derivatives Market
3.2.1 Research and Development Activities Intensifying
3.2.2 Pharma Sector Fueling Growth for Starch Derivatives
3.2.3 Growing Demand for Convenience Foods & Beverages
3.3 Factors Restraining the Starch Derivatives Market
3.3.1 Competition from Substitute Products
3.4 Opportunities for the Starch Derivatives Market
3.4.1 New Applications Offer Ample Scope
3.5 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.5.5 Degree of Competition
3.6 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4. Germany Market Analysis
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.2 Glucose Syrup
4.1.5 Modified Starches
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Animal Feed
4.2.4 Food & Beverage
4.2.7 Other Applications
5. Policies and Regulations
6. Competitor Analysis
6.1 Market Shares of Leading Global Players
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Global Players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Agrana Group
7.2 Archer Daniels Midland Company
7.3 Avebe U.A.
7.4 Cargill Inc.
7.5 Emsland-Starke GmbH
7.6 Grain Processing Corp
7.7 Ingredion Inc.
7.8 Tate & Lyle