France Chemical Seed Treatment Market Insights
Seed Treatments are an excellent example of how the seed industry and crop protection industry are innovating for the future of modern agriculture. The market was worth around USD 341.8 million in 2016 and is expected to cross USD 547.54 million by 2022 growing at the CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period 2017-2022.
The regulatory uncertainty of the product approvals and doubts regarding their efficacy and environmental concerns arising from the usage of chemical products has hampered the growth of these products across the world. The organic methods of farming and GM crops are seen as threat to the seed treatment market. Also with growing demand for biological treatment are seen as threat to chemical seed treatment.
Demand for hybrid seeds is also on the rise, more in Europe, since they lend themselves better to seed treatment methods. This creates greater opportunity for either including or offering seed treatment as an effective option for controlling pathogens and pests.
The France market for seed treatment is projected to reach USD 590.5 million by 2022. With an estimated share of 40% in 2015, the France constitutes the largest market for seed treatment in Europe. During the forecast period fastest CAGR of 8.8% is anticipated to be recorded by demand for seed treatment in France.
Within this application category, insecticides constitute the largest sub-category, with an estimated 2016 share of 53% of chemical seed treatment demand. However, fungicide seed treatments are slated to witness the fastest CAGR of 9% during 2017-2022 in reaching a projected demand of USD 208 million by 2022.
Corn/maize is the leading type of crop for chemical seed treatment applications in France, estimated to account for 31.5% of the total demand in 2015. In terms of CAGR between 2017 and 2022, however, demand for seed treatment applications in soybean is expected to be the fastest among all crop types at 8.9%.
Key Industry Players
Some of the key companies in the market are BASF, DuPont, Monsanto, Syngenta, Bayer and Others. The most preferred strategies of the key players in recent years is to achieve competitive advantage and to expand the business units in various geographical areas by joint ventures, expansion and acquisition. The key payers are eventually focusing on agreements and partnerships to balance the supply and demand of the market. Introducing new effective products is another strategy to stay ahead of the competition.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the France Chemical Seed Treatment Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the France Chemical Seed Treatment Market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the France Chemical Seed Treatment Market
- To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Seed Treatment Defined
1.3 Seed Treatment: A Current and Future Perspective
1.4 Current Trends in Seed Treatment
1.5 What the Future of Seed Treatment Holds
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rise in the cost of seeds
4.1.2 Price and Weather Volatility
4.1.3 Increase in Farm Sizes and Crop Rotations Getting Shorter
4.1.4 Greater Use of Multi-Component Products
4.1.5 Increase in food consumption
4.1.6 Companies and Suppliers Join the Party
4.2.1 Concerns for the Environment
4.2.2 Imbalance Between Cost and Effectiveness
4.2.3 Limited Dose Capacity, protection and Shelf Life
4.2.4 Lack of regulatory guidelines
4.3.1 Biological Seed Treatment Agents Fostering Growth
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Regulatory Environment
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
220.127.116.11 Other chemicals
5.2 By Crop
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.1.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.1.2 Perspective Based on Strategic Activities of Companies in the Recent Past
6.1.3 Leading players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 ADAMA AGRICULTURAL SOLUTIONS LTD (FORMERLY MAKHTESHIM AGAN INDUSTRIES LTD) (ISRAEL)
7.2 ADVANCED BIOLOGICAL MARKETING INC (UNITED STATES)
7.3 BASF SE (GERMANY)
7.4 BAYER CROPSCIENCE AG (GERMANY)
7.5 BRETTYOUNG LIMITED (CANADA)
7.6 CHEMTURA AGROSOLUTIONS (UNITED STATES)
7.7 DUPONT (UNITED STATES)
7.8 GERMAINS SEED TECHNOLOGY (UNITED KINGDOM)
7.9 INCOTEC GROUP BV (THE NETHERLANDS)
7.10 VERDESIAN LIFE SCIENCES
7.11 MONSANTO COMPANY (UNITED STATES)
7.12 NOVOZYMES A/S (DENMARK)
7.13 NUFARM LTD (AUSTRALIA)
7.14 PLANT HEALTH CARE (UNITED KINGDOM)
7.15 SYNGENTA INTERNATIONAL AG (SWITZERLAND)