|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The food packaging market is expected to register a CAGR of over 6% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The industry saw a mixed impact due to COVID-19, the supply chain of the industry was affected due to lockdowns but the demand for the products grew even further as the market for automation technology grew .
- Automation technologies are used widely in the processing industries. Food processing is highly monotonous and repetitive in nature. Automation of these tasks enhances product quality, process efficiency, and saves labor charges as well.
- The growth in overall automation levels is allowing processing and packaging plants to introduce new products on the same assembly lines. Moreover, one out of five packaging and processing plants already deal with more than 100 product types, with a majority expecting that number to increase in the next few years.
- Technological enhancements in the automation industry and the stringent food safety regulations regarding food hygiene are boosting the market's growth positively.
- Changes in the consumer demands towards preferring fast, affordable, and easily accessible food options has led to the transformation in the food & beverages industry, with vendors leveraging automation technologies to scale operations and help companies stay relevant in the dynamic market environment.
- Furthermore, increasing demand for advanced automated systems such as robotics will boost the growth of the market over the forecast period. For instance, According to a survey from the Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, 94% of food packaging operations are using robotics already. As for food processing, approximately a third of companies are using robotics.
Scope of the Report
The automation in the food industry simplifies food packaging process, which includes food sorting & grading, packing, and managing processes. The automation acts as an effective solution for enterprises requiring an efficient solution for overcoming numerous challenges such as enhancing productivity, improving yield, optimizing resource management, mitigating security risks, and improving asset management.
|Operational Technology and Software|
|Distributed Control System (DCS)|
|Other Industrial Control Systems|
|Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)|
|Variable-frequency Drive (VFD)|
|Valves and Actuators|
|Sensors and Transmitters|
|Meat, Poultry, and Seafood|
|Fruits & Vegetables|
|Bakery & Confectionaries|
|Other End Users|
|Packaging and Repackaging|
|Sorting and Grading|
|Middle East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Motors & Generators Type is Expected to Hold the Significant Share
- The motors used in the food and beverage industry have demanding requirements in segments such as meat, dairy and baking goods, poultry and fish, as well as within applications such as mixers, grinders, and conveyors. It is also necessary that machines operate without fault, for longer and at the highest possible level of energy efficiency throughout their lifespan.
- The growing significance of motors in motion control applications involving high-pressure wash-down and high torque applications with precise motion control has greatly improved their functionality. Generators ensure smooth and efficient functioning of systems in the food industry.
- A company such as ABB Ltd. provide motors which help to run food and beverage applications, from raw material handling to processing and conveying, to packing and storage, without compromising on the standards demanded in the industry.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness Highest Growth Rate
- Asia-Pacific is anticipated to witness the highest growth rate owing to the high growth of the Food & Beverage industry in the region. The region is witnessing tremendous growth for the food and beverage industry due to an increase in health awareness, disposable income, and urbanization. Due to this, many players of F&B are moving from manual to automation processing to increase the output and develop new products, which ultimately drives the growth of the market.
- For instance, according to the World Bank, the urbanization rate in China increased to 57.90% in the year 2017 from 51.89% in 2012. This has resulted in a growing demand for food and beverages and made China one of the largest food and beverage industry in the world.
- Similarly, in India allocation of the Ministry of Food Processing has been doubled from INR 715 crore in 2017-18 to INR 1400 crore in 2018-19.
- Moreover, a rising number of manufacturers operating in the F&B industry is anticipated to boost the market's growth positively over the forecast period. Growing adoption of automated technologies in production facilities also fuels the regional food automation market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The food automation market is moderately competitive as the major manufacturers operating in the market compete for improving and retaining their market share. After sales service is an important strategy to gain an advantage over the competition. The industry players are competing on the basis of price, distribution, promotion, service quality, innovation, and reputation. Mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, and technological innovations are some of the primary strategies adopted by these companies to ensure long-term growth.
- February 2021 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation will establish the Malaysia FA Center on the premises of its subsidiary Mitsubishi Electric Sales Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. The new facility, which is scheduled to start operating on March 1, will strengthen servicing and support for Mitsubishi Electric factory automation (FA) products in Malaysia and thereby facilitate expansion of the company's local business in FA systems.
- February 2021 - GEA Group AG and Israeli foodtech start-up Better Juice have partnered to help beverage manufacturers produce healthier, lower-sugar fruit juice. GEA is engineering the process technology the start-up needs, setting this innovative solution on course for industrial production.
- January 2021 - Rockwell Automation, Inc., company dedicated to industrial automation and digital transformation, has completed the acquisition of Fiix Inc., an AI-enabled computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Emphasis on Food Safety and Rising Demand for Processed Food
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Capital Investments
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. INDUSTRY STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 Operational Technology and Software
6.1.1 Distributed Control System (DCS)
6.1.2 Other Industrial Control Systems
6.1.3 Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
6.1.4 Variable-frequency Drive (VFD)
6.1.5 Valves and Actuators
6.1.6 Electric Motors
6.1.7 Sensors and Transmitters
6.1.8 Industrial Robotics
6.1.9 Other Technologies
6.2 End User
6.2.2 Meat, Poultry, and Seafood
6.2.3 Fruits & Vegetables
6.2.4 Bakery & Confectionaries
6.2.5 Dairy Processing
6.2.6 Other End Users
6.3.1 Packaging and Repackaging
6.3.3 Sorting and Grading
6.3.5 Other Applications
6.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7. VENDOR MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
7.1 Vendor Market Share Analysis (Excl. Industrial Robots) – 2019
7.2 Vendor Market Share Analysis for Industrial Robots – 2019
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Schneider Electric SE
8.1.2 Rockwell Automation Inc.
8.1.3 Honeywell International Inc.
8.1.4 Emerson Electric Company
8.1.5 ABB Ltd
8.1.6 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
8.1.7 Siemens AG
8.1.8 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
8.1.9 Yaskawa Electric Corporation
8.1.10 GEA Group AG
8.1.11 Rexnord Corporation
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS AND OUTLOOK
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Food Automation Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Food Automation Market?
The Food Automation Market is growing at a CAGR of 6% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Food Automation Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Food Automation Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Food Automation Market?
ABB Ltd., Rockwell Automation Inc., GEA Group AG, Siemens AG, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation are the major companies operating in Food Automation Market.