Europe Maleic Anhydride Market
The market is estimated to be valued at USD XX.XX billion in 2015, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.12% to reach USD 1.05 billion by 2020.
Maleic anhydride is an organic compound with a white solid appearance and is used primarily in the manufacture of unsaturated polyester resins. Maleic anhydride based copolymers enable the use of more sustainable raw materials, the binding of wood fibers into plastic, and preparation of corrosion inhibitors and protective coatings for wire and water repellants in screens. Additionally, through its conversion to fumaric and malic acids, maleic anhydride is also a vital component of gelling agents, flavor enhancers and food preservatives. Moreover, it is also essential in the production of elastane fibers; which are used in the production of spandex, artificial sweeteners, paper-sizing, water treatments, and as hardeners for epoxy curing, hairsprays, pharmaceuticals, and agricultural chemicals.
Maleic anhydride, owing to its unique chemical structure and the resultant use as a highly reactive and versatile raw material, has become an integral part of various applications in major industrial and commercial sectors. In the European maleic anhydride market report, the following major end-user sectors were taken into consideration: construction materials industry, polymer industry, food and beverages industry, oil products industry, electronics industry, personal care chemicals industry, pharmaceutical industry, agricultural chemicals industry, and other industries. The market has also been segmented by application into polyester resins, maleic anhydride copolymers, oil additives, malic acid, fumaric acid, agricultural chemicals, pharmaceutical chemicals, phthalic anhydride, alkyl succinic anhydrides, and other specialty chemicals.
Market Dynamics of the European Maleic Anhydride Market:
- High growth rate of polyester resin industry
- Diverse applications and niche products
- Increase in market penetration in the emerging economies
- Significant dependence of the market on the construction and polymer industries
- Growing popularity of bio-based alternatives
The market has also been geographically segmented, on the basis of consumption, into Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, Nordic Countries, and Russia. Germany is the current leader in the European market for maleic anhydride consumption, which can be attributed to the high demand for the aforementioned product from the polyester resin industry in the country. The region is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX.XX% during the forecast period.
New product innovation and expansion of maleic anhydride downstream product application base will offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the European maleic anhydride market. The major companies mentioned in the report include:
- Ashland Inc.
- BASF AG
- Changzhou Yabang Chemical Co Ltd.
- Compania Espanola de Petroleos, S.A.
- Flint Hills Resources
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd.
- Polynt Group
- Sasol-Huntsman GmbH & Co. KG
- Thirumalai Chemicals Limited
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Market analysis for the European maleic anhydride market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the European maleic anhydride market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Europe Maleic Anhydride Market
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Policies and Regulations
3.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s 5 Force Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 High growth rate of polyester resin industry
4.1.2 Increase in market penetration in emerging economies
4.1.3 Diversity in applications and niche products
4.2.1 Dependence of market on construction and polymer industry
4.2.2 Growing popularity of bio-based alternatives
4.2.3 Conflicting regulatory constraints in export markets
4.3.1 Untapped Regional Markets
4.3.2 New Product Innovation and Expansion of Application Base
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By End-user
5.1.1 Construction Materials Industry
5.1.2 Polymer Industry
5.1.3 Food and Beverages Industry
5.1.4 Oil Products Industry
5.1.5 Electronics Industry
5.1.6 Personal Care Chemicals Industry
5.1.7 Pharmaceutical Industry
5.1.8 Agricultural Chemicals Industry
5.1.9 Other Industries
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Polyester Resins
5.2.2 Maleic Anhydride Copolymers
5.2.3 Oil Additives
5.2.4 Malic Acid
5.2.5 Fumaric Acid
5.2.6 Agricultural Chemicals
5.2.7 Pharmaceutical Chemicals
5.2.8 Phthalic Anhydride
5.2.9 Alkyl Succinic Anhydrides
5.2.10 Other Specialty Chemicals
6. Regional Market Analysis
6.2 United Kingdom
6.5 Nordic Countries
6.7 Rest of Europe
7. Future of Maleic Anhydride Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
8.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.3 Market Share Analysis
8.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles
9.1 Ashland Inc.
9.2 BASF AG
9.3 Changzhou Yabang Chemical Co Ltd
9.4 Compania Espanola de Petroleos, S.A.
9.6 Flint Hills Resources
9.9 Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
9.10 Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd.
9.11 Polynt Group
9.12 Sasol-Huntsman GmbH & Co. KG
9.13 Thirumalai Chemicals Limited