In 2012, globally, the medium and high voltage protective relay market earned more than $2 billion.
Europe is increasing its production of energy from renewable sources like solar, wind, geothermal, ocean and hydro. To connect these renewable power sources to the main grid, countries in Europe are upgrading their transmission and distribution systems. With the increase in the new transmission and distribution systems, the demand for protective relays will also increase.
Many countries in this region also have age old systems which need a lot of upgradation. This upgradation of plants will help the demand for protective relays.
Protective relay is a device which is designed to trip a circuit breaker when an electric fault is detected. It triggers an alarm if any abnormality is found within the electrical circuit. These protective relays can be differentiated on a number of factors such as actuating parameter or based on applications. The main products which are in use in current market are high-voltage relays and medium-voltage relays. The demand for protective relays is growing across the world with increase in electricity consumption and more focus of governments towards infrastructure investments. The other factor which is driving this market is renewable energy. Investments towards renewable energy projects are also contributing to the growth of this market.
Some of the major vendors mentioned in the report are ABB, Alstom, GE, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories and Schneider Electric.
Who should be interested in this report?What the Report Offers
- Market Definition for the Protective Relay market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Protective Relay market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Protective Relay market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products, as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expand their operations
- Enterprises using this technology for usage in different products and services they provide
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market
- Consultants who can get readymade analysis to guide their clients
- Anyone who wants to know about this industry
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings in the Study
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Europe Protective Relay Market – Segmented By Voltage Range
6.1 High-Voltage Protective Relay
6.2 Medium-Voltage Protective Relay
6.3 Low-Voltage Protective Relay
7. Europe Protective Relay Market – Segmented by End-User
8. Europe Protective Relay Market – Segmented by Application
8.1 Feeder Protection
8.2 Transmission Line Protection
8.3 Transformer Protection
8.4 Motor Protection
9. Europe Protective Relay Market – Segmented by Country
9.1 United Kingdom
10. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles (List Populated Globally)
10.1 ABB Ltd.
10.1.2 Major Products and Services
10.1.4 Recent Developments
10.2 Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
10.2.2 Major Products and Services
10.2.4 Recent Developments
10.3.2 Major Products and Services
10.3.4 Recent Developments
10.4 General Electric
10.4.2 Major Products and Services
10.4.4 Recent Developments
10.5 Schneider Electric Company
10.5.2 Major Products and Services
10.5.4 Recent Developments
10.6 Eaton Corporation
10.6.2 Major Products and Services
10.6.4 Recent Developments
10.7.2 Major Products and Services
10.7.4 Recent Developments
10.8 Mitsubishi Electric
10.8.2 Major Products and Services
10.8.4 Recent Developments
10.9.2 Major Products and Services
10.9.4 Recent Developments
10.10.2 Major Products and Services
10.10.4 Recent Developments
10.11 Siemens AG
10.11.2 Major Products and Services
10.11.4 Recent Developments
11. Investment Analysis
11.1 Role of Business Accelerators
11.2 Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
11.3 Investor Outlook
12. Future of Europe Protective Relay Market