Europe Polyurethanes Market
The market has been estimated at USD XX Billion in 2016 by revenue and XX million tons in 2016 and is projected to reach USD XX billion by 2021 and XX million tons by 2021, at a CAGR of XX% and XX% by revenue and volume respectively during the forecasted period from 2016 to 2021.
The industry is anticipated to face a strong growth by the reinforcement of construction industry especially in Eastern Europe countries such as Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia. Furthermore, the EU schemes to provide financial incentives for the use of environmentally friendly products is expected to drive the market for Polyurethanes. Germany was the leading consumer of PU in Europe with demand share estimated at ~18% in 2015 owing to its major automotive sector and export business of cars. On the other side, volatility in the price of the raw material used to manufacture PU hinders the growth of the market. With the rise in concern about the use of PU owing to its VOC emission characteristics is forcing the key players to look for substitutes for PU.
The market is segmented on the basis of application as foams, coatings, adhesives & sealants, elastomers, and others. The foam was reported to be the highest consumed application accounting for over 35% of the European market volume in 2015. EU regulations eyeing to the energy efficiency of households and financial incentives further drive the foams growth. It is expected to witness the highest growth in the segment at an estimated CAGR of 4.0% over the forecast period. (2016-2021) The market on the basis of end-user industry is segmented as furniture, construction, electronics & appliances, automotive, footwear, packaging, and others. The construction industry was the largest consumer of PU in this segment accounting for ~37% of the overall volume in 2015. Electronics & appliances is expected to witness the highest compound annual growth rate of 5.3% over the forecasted period.
By geography, the market is segmented as France, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Germany, UK, Russia, Czech Republic, the Nordic Countries, and rest of Europe. Germany is the leading market for PU in Europe accounting for ~18% of the market owing to its mature automotive industry. Russia is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecasted period owing to high construction output.
Furthermore, increasing demand from the furniture industry and rising interest for bio-polyurethanes will offer numerous opportunities for the Polyurethanes market growth in Europe. Some of the major companies in the region, dominating this market for its products, services and continuous product development are:
- BASF SE
- The Dow Chemical Co.
- Huntsman Corp
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Europe PU market , with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence this market on global and regional scales
- Extensively-researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/industry is booming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Europe PU Market Overview
3.1 Market Definition
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2.2 Suppliers & Distributors
3.2.3 End-User Markets
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
3.4 Patent Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Reinforcement of Construction Industry in the European Region
4.1.2 Financial Incentives for the Use of Environmentally Friendly Products
4.2.1 High Processing Cost
4.2.2 Concern for High VOC emission from the Use of PU
4.2.3 Stringent Environmental Regulations
4.2.4 Fluctuating Prices of the Raw Materials
4.3.1 Increasing Demand from the Furniture Industry
4.3.2 Rising Interest for Bio-Polyurethanes
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Applications
220.127.116.11 Rigid Foam
18.104.22.168 Flexible Foam
5.1.3 Adhesives & Sealants
22.214.171.124 Sprayed elastomers
126.96.36.199 Cast elastomers
5.2 By Industry
5.2.3 Electronics and Appliances
6. Europe Market Analysis (Market growth and forecast)
6.8 Czech Republic
6.9 Nordic Countries
6.10 Rest of Europe
7. Policies and Regulations
8. Competitor Analysis
8.1 Market Shares Analysis of key Players
8.2 Strategies Adopted by key Players
8.3 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
8.4 Vendor Product Matrix
8.5 Price Analysis
9. Company Profiles
9.1 BASF SE
9.3 The Dow Chemical Co.
9.5. Huntsman Corp.
9.6 Recticel SA
9.7 Wanhua Industrial Group
9.8 Armacell Enterprise GmbH & Co. KG
9.9 Carpenter Co.
9.10 Chemtura Corp.
9.11 Future Foam Inc.
9.12 Nitto Denko Corporation
9.13 Rogers Corp.
9.14 Hansa Group AG
(List Not Exhaustive)