Mordor Intelligence analysts forecasted the Europe Liver Cancer Market to grow at a CAGR of 7-15% over the period, 2016-2021. The market is currently valued at USD 176 million for the year 2015.
In the past 30 years there has been major progress in the knowledge and management of liver disease. Yet, approximately 29 million people in the European Union still suffer from one or the other chronic liver condition. Therefore, the liver cancer medication market is anticipated to become an active ground for competition in the near future. In Europe, 28% of the cases of liver cancer have been attributed to chronic HBV infection, and 21% to HCV infection. Other risk factors such as alcohol consumption, cigarette smoking and oral contraceptives may explain the residual variation within countries. Interactions among these risk factors have been postulated. New laboratory techniques and biological markers such as polymerase chain reaction detection of HBV DNA and HCV RNA, as well as specific mutations related to liver cancer, may help to provide quantitative estimates of the risks related to each these factors.
With only a few approved drugs within the market and another few in the pipeline, it is a proven fact that incidence and mortality from the sickness continues to rise worldwide. Many new-targeted therapies are expected to enter the market in the following few years. Targeted cancer therapies use medication to prevent the expansion of cancer cells by interrupting certain molecules, known as molecular targets, thereby preventing the progression and growth of cancer cells. The treatment, also known as 'molecular targeted therapy', focuses on the cellular and molecular changes, pertaining specifically to cancer. It is thereby more effective, as compared to the other treatments for cancer, including radiotherapy and chemotherapy..
The Europe liver cancer market is segmented based on:
- Benign liver growths
- Ultrasound scans
- Confirmatory needle biopsy
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- CT scan
- PET scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Targeted therapy
Some of the key participants in the industry include Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Celsion Corp., Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., ArQule, Inc., 4SC AG, ImClone Systems Inc., Jennerex Biotherapeutics, Inc., Pfizer Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. Etc.
- Increasing incidences of cancer
- Drug innovations with regard to the cancer
- Government initiatives
- Rise in aging populace
- Excessive alcohol consumptions
- High unmet needs for the treatment of liver cancer in the market
- Increasing health care expenditure
- Low success rate in clinical trials for cancer drugs
- Huge capital investments
- Low accessibility in remote areas
- Stringent regulatory procedures
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
- The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
- The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
- The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
- Market definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3.1 Report Description
3.2 Markets Covered
4. Market Overview
4.1 Market Definition
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 aging population
4.2.2 Rising Government and Non-Government Funding for Vaccine Development
4.2.3 high unmet needs for the treatment of liver cancer
4.2.4 excessive alcohol consumptions
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Techinical Advancements
4.3.2 Huge Capital Investments
4.3.3 Stringent Regulatory Procedures
4.3.4 Low success rate in clinical trails for cancer drugs
4.4 Market Opportunitites
4.5 Market Threats
5. Porters Five Force Analysis
5.1 Bargaining Power of suppliers
5.2 Bargaining power of buyers
5.3 Degree of competition
5.4 Threat of substitution
5.5 Threat of new entrants
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 primary liver cancer
22.214.171.124 Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
126.96.36.199 Cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer)
6.1.2 secondary liver cancer
6.1.3 Benign liver growths
6.2.1 ultrasound scans
6.2.2 Confirmatory Needle biopsy
6.2.3 Endoscopic Ultrasound
6.2.5 CT Scan
6.2.6 PET Scan
6.2.7 magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
6.3.1 Hepatocellular carcinoma
6.3.4 Targeted therapy
6.4 By End User
6.5 By Geography
6.5.6 Rest of Europe
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
7.3 New Product Launches
7.4 Recommendations to new market players
7.5 Value Chain Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Bayer Schering Pharma AG,
8.2 Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Celsion Corp.,
8.3 Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.,
8.4 ArQule, Inc.,
8.5 4SC AG,
8.6 ImClone Systems Inc.,
8.7 Jennerex Biotherapeutics, Inc.,
8.8 Pfizer Inc.,
8.9 F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd..,
8.10 Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.