Honey is still considered a healthier alternative to many high calorie spreads. The sales for honey in the UK in the year 2014 amounted to 242.6 million US dollars. The rising health consciousness among consumers has given way to new low calorie spreads. The major market players in this industry are Unilever Group, Wellness Foods Ltd.,Premier Foods Plc and Sioux Honey Assoc.The global market for honey has witnessed a growth rate of 6.7% for the year 2014.
The US market for honey was 560 million USD in 2014 and is expected to grow at 7.2%. Product innovation is the key driving factor for new brands which are providing a stiff competition to the already established ones in the spreads market.
Asia Pacific has traditionally been a huge market for honey with market sales adding up to 27% of the total retail sales.
In this report we offer,
1) A key insight into the market size, share and forecast for food spreads
2) Analysis of the dominant regions in food spreads including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the rest of the world.
3) Analysis of the drivers/inhibitors/opportunity analysis for each of the micro markets.
4) Segmentation of the food spreads market by type of spreads- jams, jellies, nut based, chocolate based, fruit based and honey.
Why should you buy this report?
1) For getting a comprehensive overview of the worldwide food spreads market
2) To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3) To understand which categories of food spreads are doing well in the market and which are not.
4) To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.