The European market of construction chemicals is the second largest one globally, though it is the slowest in terms of growth. Regionally, Germany constitutes the largest and the fastest growing market for construction chemicals within Europe. In terms of product segment, demand for concrete & cement admixtures dominates the entire European market, though flame retardants are likely to witness impressive growth in the future. While commercial and infrastructure applications are the largest end-users of construction chemicals in the region, residential applications are slated to emerge with the fastest growth during the 2015-2020 analysis period.
The construction industry by and large, needs a lot of research in order to ascertain and assure the quality of products that are being used and must offer improved properties to the structures. Designers of buildings and other projects gain from the flexibility provided by those chemicals which are used in construction. The chemicals used must have properties such as longevity, compression rigidity, surface finish, capability of withstanding hostile climates and working environments. They must be able to protect themselves against the fatal natural calamities and instances of fire outbursts. Possessing general aesthetic appeal is also highly recommended, if not mandatory. The demand for construction chemicals is commensurate to the conditions of new structures and the renovations of older ones. This has been pretty evident through the scale of infrastructure, industrial and commercial activity in these regions. The proliferating requirements of adequate housing for the growing population would propel the demand of residential construction, which in turn, would be instrumental in propelling the requirements of the other areas like the development of infrastructure, industries and commercial spaces.
Concrete & cement admixtures form the largest segment in terms of product construction materials, while non-residential construction like that of commercial, industrial and infrastructure is taking the lead in terms of application areas for construction chemicals. Although the demand for concrete & cement admixtures is likely to maintain its fastest growth, the proliferation in terms of application areas is expected to vary on a region-to-region basis. Since, the growing population and industry require a larger infrastructure; all these factors pose to be the prime driving factors in this market.
The global construction materials market may be decentralized based on product (Adhesives & sealants, Concrete and Cement Admixtures, Flame retardants, protective coating, waterproofing materials and other construction materials), by their application (Commercial construction, Industrial Construction, Infrastructure construction and residential construction material) and their geography (Germany, France, U.K., Italy and Spain). The leaders in this market are 3M Company, Aldo Co., Albemarle Corporation, BASF SE, Bostik Inc., and Henkel KGaA.
There is an increasing demand of infrastructure, residential and commercial construction in countries such as the Germany, France and U.K. with a developed economy. There is also an increasing demand for the reliable and improved materials available.
Of late, the construction industry is becoming sluggish in the developed countries.
What the report offers?
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with the identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the European construction chemicals market with region specific assessments and competitive analysis on the global and the regional fronts.
3) The identification of factors indispensable in changing the market scenarios which in turn are offering prospective opportunities and also, the identification of key companies which can influence the market on the global and regional scales.
4) Abundantly researched competitive landscape section with profiles of key companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) The Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the European construction chemicals market on both global and regional scales.
6) A comprehensive list of prime market players and leaders, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.