China's demand for polyurethane has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next five years, both production and demand will continue to grow. This report examines China's economic trends, investment environment, industry development, supply and demand, industry capacity, industry structure, marketing channels and major industry participants. China alone has a share of about 30% in the world polyurethane consumption. In recent years, China’s GDP continues to maintain an 8% growth, while China’s polyurethane production growth is higher than the GDP growth rate.
Cheap raw materials, labor, and land coupled with a moderately stringent regulatory framework have enabled China to emerge as the global leader in production while growing domestic demand, especially in construction, automotive, and electronics have resulted in the country emerging as the leading consumer of polyurethane materials. The Chinese economy has maintained a high growth rate which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer consumption and capital investment. Since its Opening-up and Reform, China becomes the 2nd economic entity in the world with GDP breaking RMB 50 trillion Yuan.
Foam made of polyurethane provides high insulation value, and helps cut down on space requirements for walls and roofs; this helps maximize building volume. This is especially important when an existing building is being renovated to comply with better energy efficiency standards: rigid polyurethane spray foam is a particularly versatile and cost-effective tool to upgrade buildings insulation performance. Polyurethane is also appreciated by the construction industry for its durability.
The Global Polyurethane market is segmented by Application (Foams-Rigid and Flexible, Adhesives and Sealants, Coatings, Elastomers, and others), by industry (Furniture and Interiors, Constructions, Automotive and others). The Key players in the market are BASF SE, Bayer, Dow Chemicals, Nippon Polyurethane Industry, Chemtura Corp.
There is a growing demand from the bedding, cushioning and carpeting industry, a growing demand from the construction industry and these products are preferred as they are recyclable.
There is a strong competition from the fiberglass and polystyrene industries.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS?
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the China Polyurethane market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the China Polyurethane market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.