In addition to being the largest market for gluten-free foods & beverages in Asia-Pacific, accounting for an estimated share of over 35% in 2016, China is also forecasted as the fastest growing, with the prospect of recording a CAGR of more than 14% during 2018 - 2023.
Wheat, barley, rye and their derivatives are found to contain the protein called gluten and individuals sensitive to it exhibit mild symptoms of intolerance such as chronic diarrhea and vomiting. However, there exists a sizeable population that shows typical symptoms of intolerance that is classified as celiac disease. This is an inherited autoimmune disorder in which gluten damages the small intestine, with the only remedy for it being a strict gluten-free diet for life. For instance, the prevalence of this disease in North America is around three to four million, though only 5%-10% of the cases have been currently diagnosed.
The market for gluten-free foods & beverages has undergone a radical change from specialty niche products to mainstream products. Millions of individuals around the world have started consuming gluten-free products, not only because of being diagnosed with celiac disease but also because of a general perception of maintaining better health. A current trend towards gluten-free product consumption has given further impetus to the gluten-free foods & beverages segment.
The market for gluten-free products is highly competitive, with innovation in products being a major strategic approach adopted by leading players. This trend is likely to continue in the future, as the established set of players seeks to garner increased market share.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Increasing Awareness of Celiac Disease and Gluten - Intolerance Consumers
3.1.2 Increasing Disposable Incomes
3.1.3 Enhanced Taste of Foods Free From Gluten
3.2.1 Less Awareness on Celiac Disease in the Developing Countries
3.2.2 Nutritional Loss and Weight Gain Issues Associated with Gluten-Free
3.3.1 Rising Demand for Organic and Fresh Foods Segments
3.3.2 Innovation in Products
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.3 Degree of Competition
3.4.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.5 Threat of Substitutes
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.2 Bread Products
4.1.3 Cookies and Snacks
4.1.4 Condiments, Seasonings & Spreads
4.1.5 Dairy/Dairy Substitutes
4.1.6 Meats/Meat Substitutes
4.1.7 Other Gluten-Free Products
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategies Adopted by Major Players
5.2 Most active companies in the past five years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Amy's Kitchen Inc.
6.2 Bob's Red Mill
6.3 Boulder Brands Inc.
6.4 Dr. Schar
6.5 Enjoy Life Natural Brands LLC
6.6 Frontier Soups
6.7 General Mills Inc.
6.8 Genius Foods
6.9 Golden West Speciality Foods
6.10 H.J Heinz Company
6.11 Hain Celestial Group Inc.
6.12 Hero Group AG
6.13 Kelkin Ltd
6.14 Mrs. Crimbles