Chemical Silage Additives Market
Chemical Silage additives act as aerobic stability and fermentation aids to lower the risk of poor fermentation quality and reduce the nutritional losses during the ensiling process. The market has recorded its revenue as $311.8 million in 2014 and expected to reach $371.3 million by 2020 with a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period.
Growing awareness of farmers about increased performance of animals consuming treated silage has led to a surge in demand for the products. Additionally, rise in cost of forage and feed additives have created opportunity for chemical silage additives. The market is further expected to expand by growing demand for animal protein and industrialization of animal production.
High adoptability to feed additives is obstructing the growth of market. Apart from it, dependence on various factors for silage fermentation and less efficiency of silage additives are restraining the market growth. Innovations to improve the dry matter content and protection from clostridia has spawned an opportunity to the market.
Enzymes are majorly used among the additives as they breakdown the complex carbohydrates into simple sugars, which in turn enhance the LAB performance to stabilize the fermentation process. Enzymes are used individually or in combination with inoculants. Acids & organic salts are the other most preferred additives for stabilizing the pH and restricting the growth of unwanted bacteria.
High forage yield potential, high in digestible energy and protein makes the alfalfa forage extremely valuable feed. As a result the consumption of additives for alfalfa fermentation is more compared to other crops. The market for clover, maize and sorghum is expected to rise during the forecast period due to high quality protein digestibility, nitrogen fixation and palatability enrichment.
Europe is leading the market due to growing awareness among the farmers about transforming the damaged field crops into forage crops. The rise in cost of forage has led to the shift of the farmers to on farm silage production thereby driving the market for silage additives. Growing awareness of additives role and their functionality in silage fermentation among the farmers has driven the market for chemical additives in developing countries of Asia-Pacific and South America region. Major players in the chemical silage additives market are BASF, Cargill, ADM, Volac and Nutreco N.V. among others. Developing countries of Asia and South America are the key growth markets in the industry. Major players are rapidly tapping into these markets through joint ventures and acquisitions. Innovations and mergers has been the most adopted strategy for growth in this market over the last five years.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Global Chemical Silage Additives Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global Chemical Silage Additives market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the worldwide Chemical Silage Additives market
- To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1.1 Growth in Industrial production of livestock
3.1.2 Demand for quality meat from meat and processed meat industry
3.1.3 Rise in cost of forage
3.2.1 Less awareness among the consumers
3.2.2 Less efficiency
3.2.3 Growth in Feed Additives industry
3.3.1 Developing Asia-Pacific Market
3.3.2 New Product and Technology Innovations
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. MARKET SEGMENTATION
4.1 By Types
4.1.1 Acids & Organic acid salts
4.1.4 Chemical Inhibitors
4.2 By application
4.2.1 Cereal crops
4.2.3 Others (Ornamental grasses, Canola)
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
4.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 South Africa
5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6 Company Profiles
6.1 BASF SE
6.2 Cargill Inc.
6.6 Nutreco N.V.
6.7 American Farm Products
6.8 KW Forage system
6.9 Volac International Limited
6.10 Carrs Billington