Canada’s demand for water treatment chemicals is estimated to increase at a modest CAGR of 3% in the period between 2015-2020. Though Canada holds a small share of North America's market for water treatment chemicals, there is an increase in the number of industries that are being set up in the country, thus, increasing the demand for purified water and also for the purification of industrial effluents. Demand for corrosion & scale inhibitors is the largest in terms of size by product, with municipal water treatment taking the lead as the largest application segment. In regard to growth, however, the Canadian market for water treatment chemicals would be driven by coagulants and electric power generation and general industrial applications, such as manufacturing and mining & mineral processing.
Water treatment can be defined as the process employed for eliminating contaminants present in water, which can be achieved via a number of techniques. Water treatment chemicals employ one such technique, wherein contaminated or wastewater is treated with chemicals in order to make it fit for human consumption and in the other fields where clean water is needed. The higher incidence of water borne epidemics has increased the awareness of water purification and the use of water treatment chemicals for the purpose of purification of drinking water. Water is being used in various industries, especially in the emerging economies where there are a large number of industries being established. The standards for water quality has increased, demanding better purification methods, and with the current water purification equipment being not sufficient to achieve this standard; it requires several other water purification chemicals.
There are stringent environmental norms that require treatment and removal of pollutants from water before it is released into the environment. The municipal corporations are adopting water treatment techniques to clean and recycle water before it is being supplied for drinking and sanitation purposes
The Canada Water treatment chemicals market is segmented by the product (Biocides & disinfectants, coagulants, corrosion & scale inhibitors, defoamers & defoaming agents, pH adjusters and softeners and other chemicals), by their application (commercial & institutional, electric power generation, energy, manufacturing, mining & mineral processing, municipal and other applications). The key players in this market are Accepta, BASF SE, Chemtreat Inc., Organo Corp., PQ Corp. and Wex technologies.
The rising water quality standards in industrial applications and the stringent environmental laws on water treatment and waste-water management are the drivers of this market.
There are alternative water treatment technologies that are available. There is also a need to find eco-friendly solutions for water treatment that can balance and treat the chemical and biological water pollution differently.
What the report offers?
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis of the Canadian Water Treatment Chemicals Market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, giving prospective opportunities and also, the identities of key companies which can influence the market on both the global and regional scales.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Canada Water Treatment Chemicals Market on both the global and regional scales.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.