The Automotive Antifreeze Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.29% and touch USD XX billion by the year 2022. Antifreeze is an additive added to lower the freezing point of the vehicle and achieve boiling point elevation. This allows for a higher coolant temperature, which is vital for the automobile in a hot environment. The rising demand for automobiles around the world is the major driver for the antifreeze market. Vehicle engines have become extremely sophisticated and a higher level of technology is essential for the optimum performance of the engine.
The market for ethylene glycol as antifreeze is very large globally and commands the highest market share in 2015. However, rising environmental concerns and tight emission norms are reducing its use and subsequently, its market share is expected to go down by the end of the forecast period. Propylene glycol antifreeze would be the fastest growing segment due to its environment-friendly nature and its lower emissions compared to the ethylene glycol based antifreeze. The market for propylene glycol antifreeze is expected to grow the fastest in the Europe and North American regions.
The market is forecasted to record the slowest rate of growth in the South American region, as the diverse economic conditions and slump in the biggest market of the region, Brazil, have affected the sales of automobiles drastically. The Asia-Pacific region, on account of rising disposable incomes and a burgeoning middle class, is expected to see the highest rate of growth in the sales of automobiles and will lead the market for antifreeze in the forecast period.
The market has been segmented by product type (ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, and glycerin), vehicle type (passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles) and geography (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia-Pacific).
Some of the key players in the market are:
What the Report Offers
- Market analysis Automotive Antifreeze Market, with region specific assessment and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and rising prospective opportunities on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
Breaking News: Shell, a leading oil and natural gas company, recently revealed its new product Shell Rimula 4R l 15W 40 diesel engine oil for the Indian market. Earlier, Shell had also designed a bespoke engine oil for automobiles, based on its Shell Helix Ultra with Pure Plus Technology.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TRENDS
3.2 Market Trends
3.3 Porter’s Five Force Framework
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
5. AUTOMOTIVE ANTIFREEZE MARKET, SEGMENTED BY TYPE
5.1 Ethylene Glycol
5.2 Propylene Glycol
6. AUTOMOTIVE ANTIFREEZE MARKET, SEGMENTED BY VEHICLE TYPE
6.1 Passenger Vehicles
6.1.1 4 Wheelers
6.2 Commercial Vehicles
7. AUTOMOTIVE ANTIFREEZE MARKET, SEGMENTED BY REGION
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.1.4 Rest of North America
7.2 South America
7.2.3 Rest of South America
7.3.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.4.1 United Kingdom
7.4.4 Rest of Europe
7.5 Africa and Middle East
7.5.2 South Africa
7.5.3 Saudi Arabia
7.5.5 Rest of Africa & Middle East
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Developments of Key Players
9. KEY VENDOR ANALYSIS (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
9.8 Recochem Inc
9.9 Rock Oil
10. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET