Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Asia-pacific Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.8% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026. The developments in communication technology that have led to the evolution of high-speed connectivity, lesser power-consuming network devices, and more substantial connectivity coverage have boosted the market for DAS systems.
- Asia-Pacific is one of the regions where DAS deployment has been increasing in the recent past as the countries witness various government initiatives to establish smart cities. For instance, South Korea is gaining significant political support from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transportation to complete the national smart city projects under flagship by 2022. Such developments increase the need for secured network infrastructure offered by DAS in the region.
- One of the major factors for the penetration of DAS has been the increasing demand for high-speed connectivity everywhere. For instance, in 2021, the Government of India initiated a Bullet train project to connect the High-speed rail corridor between Mumbai and Nagpur after its first Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed train corridor project. Such initiatives are driving the DAS market. Moreover, the DAS technology has proved cost-effective, even the governments across Asia have been proactively deploying this antenna system.
- Furthermore, despite the pandemic and global economic slowdown, in 2021, the ministry of China said that it aims to promote the construction of 5G networks and accelerate 5G coverage in major cities and advance co-construction and sharing strategies. Chinese operators already have deployed nearly 700,000 5G base stations in 2020, in addition to about 100,000 in 2019. This is fuelling the need for Distributed Antenna Systems.
Scope of the Report
A distributed antenna system (DAS) is a network of antennas, connected to a common source, distributed throughout a building or an area to improve network performance. The spacing between antennas is such that each antenna gives full coverage without overlapping with other antennas, hence, reducing the number of antennas needed to cover the whole building. This network of antennas is also power efficient in comparison to a single, larger antenna covering a wide area.
|Rest of Asia-Pacific(SEA, India, among others)|
Key Market Trends
The growing adoption of 5G and connected devices (due to IoT) is expected to drive the market
- The rising need for the technological revolution increases the expansion and up-gradation of existing network infrastructures in buildings. For instance, the adoption of the 5G network in industrial and commercial spaces. In addition, according to industry sources, by 2030, dozens of cities are expected to have wireless and connected cellular networks to transform into smart cities. Such initiatives are driving the need for active DAS infrastructure.
- Modern hospitals use 5G for the Internet of things in bedside devices to send data to call centers outside the building with an AI-enabled cloud platform that merges data from different devices to create behavioral-based alerts and preventative warnings to help the doctors attend a case of an emergency. This drives the need for distributed Antenna System to establish a strong and secure network infrastructure whining the building.
- Moreover, despite 5G adoption being quite recent in Asian Counties, constant research and updates on new frequencies for 5G, for example, C-band frequencies, are being released. This requires both indoor and outdoor spaces to enable a signal source that can feed data irrespective of the variation in the frequency bands. Thus increasing the adoption and deployment of DAS as the system is designed to offer modular capability that makes it possible to adapt to new frequencies.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to account for significant market share
- The country is known for its vast infrastructure for commercial, residential, and industrial spaces. Therefore, various initiatives to establish a smart domestic infrastructure drives the DAS market in the country. For instance, in June 2020, Ningbo announced the plan to promote Smart infrastructure construction to include big data, the Internet of Things, 5G cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and blockchain technologies into government, industrial and healthcare buildings.
- Moreover, 5G operators have made distinctions between B2B and B2C tenders and associated investments, signaling a dedicated B2B core network strategy. For instance, China Mobile, the information available on the second phase of its 5G tender mentions that about 13% of the total investment in standalone 5G core networks will be dedicated to B2B. Such initiatives drive a secure network infrastructure, thus drive the DAS market in the county.
- Furthermore, the country ranks number one among other countries worldwide for deploying 5G in 341 cities. This has boosted the adoption of distributed antenna systems units for indoor sites such as commercial buildings, airports, subways, and other public venues. To cater to such demands, vendors such as China towers offers DAS according to TSp's requirement to facilitate the wireless communication signals in buildings and tunnels
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The distributed antenna systems market is moderately fragmented due to the increasing mobile data traffic, proliferation of connected devices due to the Internet of Things (IoT), rising need for spectrum efficiency, and growing consumer demand for extended network coverage and uninterrupted connectivity. As a result, many companies are now entering in to the market with an array of scope. Some of the key players in the market are Anixter Inc., CommScope, Cobham PLC, among others. Some recent developments in the market include:
- In June 2020: Anixter and MasTec Network partnered to build and manage networks for improved coverage and capacity across outdoor wireless systems and in-building. The former enhanced such capability by providing a single distributed antenna system to allow multiple mobile network operators to connect. This has enabled the latter to simplify network management, cost benefits for building or venue owners, and agility.
- In December 2020: Comba Telecom, Inc partnered with CNC Technical Services to offer a public safety in-building emergency communication system for Venetian Hotel and Casino covering more than 4000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas. The system offered by the former is a 700/800MHz public safety DAS that comprises of 8-Port Master units that support three 8-Port Fiber Optic Expansion units. This is further supports 39 Remote Units for providing emergency services and radio coverage for 9.8 million square feet of the hotel's property.
In April 2021: CommScope extended the Ruckus portfolio with two wifi 6 devices called the H550 and RUCKUS T350 and establish advanced network infrastructure to support Distributed antenna Systems on wifi 6 for both operational and end-user requirements. In addition, H550 is designed for indoor applications, and T350 is designed for outdoor applications.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growth in requirement for Public Safety connectivity
5.1.2 The growing adoption of 5G and connected devices (due to IoT)
5.1.3 Rising consumer deamnd for exteneded network coverage and uniterupted connectivity
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High costs associated with deploying DAS
5.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 by type
6.1.1 Indoor DAS
6.1.2 Outdoor DAS
6.2 by country
6.2.3 South Korea
6.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific(SEA, India, among others)
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Anixter, Inc.
7.1.2 Cobham PLC
7.1.3 CommScope Inc.
7.1.4 PT Tower Bersama Infrastructure TBK
7.1.5 Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Ltd
7.1.6 PT MAC Sarana Djaya
7.1.7 Boingo Wireless Inc
7.1.8 American Tower Corporation IP LLC.
7.1.9 Bird Technologies
8. Investment analysis
9. Future outlook
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Asia-pacific Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Asia-pacific Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) Market?
The Asia-pacific Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) Market is growing at a CAGR of 12.8% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Asia-pacific Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) Market?
Anixter, Inc., CommScope Inc., Cobham PLC, Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Ltd, PT MAC Sarana Djaya are the major companies operating in Asia-pacific Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) Market.