The Asia Pacific wearable sensors market is expected to increase to $80.91 million by 2018 at a CAGR of 46.27% over the period 2014-2020. Wearable sensors are embedded in wearable devices to monitor bodily activities which include blood pressure, body temperature and heart rate, which is driving the healthcare industry as it enables remote data access. The market is driven due to the rising awareness of health and fitness, where wearable sensors play a vital role. The falling price of the components used to manufacture the wearable sensors is making the wearable devices affordable. Increasing demand across various application sectors such as wearable technology for fitness, healthcare and security is driving the Asia Pacific wearable sensors market to grow lucratively.
The rising market of smartphones and tablets is enabling the integration of wearable devices with the smartphones. Wrist wear segment holds the majority of the market share and is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. The introduction of smart watches from companies like Samsung, Sony and Nike among others has given a boost to this market. Asia Pacific region is estimated to be the fastest growing market for wearable sensors during the forecast period. The growth of wearable sensors market in this region is due to growing healthcare industry, consumer awareness towards health and fitness, coupled with technology and computing in daily life. The consumers of Japan, South Korea and China are fast adopters of new technology.
The Asia Pacific Wearable Sensors Market is segmented on the basis of Type (Motion, Inertial, Temperature, Health, Pressure, Image, and Others), & Industry (Healthcare, Consumer Applications, Sports/Fitness, Industrial, Entertainment & Media, and Others).
This report describes a detailed study of the Porter’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that will impact the industry and profiles over 10 leading suppliers of Asia Pacific Wearable Sensors Market. Some of the top companies mentioned in the report are Infineon Technologies AG (Germany), Freescale semiconductor Inc. (U.S.), and Maxim Integrated Products Inc. (U.S.), Analog Devices Inc. (U.S.), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), Samsung (South Korea) and among others.
What the report offers
1. Market Definition for Asia Pacific Wearable Sensors along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Asia Pacific Wearable Sensors Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Asia Pacific Wearable Sensors market on a regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Key Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's 5 Forces
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Technology Snapshot
5.1 Key Technologies Overview (MEMS, CMOS etc.)
6. Wearable Sensors Market Segmentation
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Health Sensors
6.1.2 Environmental Sensors
6.1.3 MEMS Sensors
6.1.4 Motion Sensors
6.2 By Device
6.2.2 Bodywear & Footwear
6.3 By Application
6.3.1 Health & Wellness
6.3.2 Safety Monitoring
6.3.3 Home Rehabilitation
6.4 By Country
7. Company Profiles (List Populated Based on Global Presence)
7.2 Infineon Technologies AG
7.3 Texas Instruments Incorporated
7.4 Analog Devices Inc.
7.5 InvenSense Inc.
7.6 Freescale Semiconductor Inc
7.7 Panasonic Corporation
7.8 NXP Semiconductors N.V.
7.9 TE Connectivity Ltd.
7.10 Bosch Sensortec GmbH (Robert Bosch GmbH)
8. Investment Outlook
9. Future of APAC Wearable Sensors Market