The pipeline system has been used since the 18th century for commercial activities. The pipelines are considered to be the safest, reliable and efficient means of transporting large quantities of crude oil, natural gas, chemicals, and water across nations. Pipeline installations are critical infrastructure of high importance and value, and a threat to it can have a significant effect on meeting the needs of people, organizations and can cause harm to the environment as well.
The Asia-Pacific pipeline security market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.3% during the period 2016 - 2021 with many vendors working towards providing advanced as well as traditional security solutions.
To deal with rising security threats in the form of terrorist attacks, sabotage, and illegal tapping, and cyber-attacks, government sector in this region is working towards formulating and implementing strategies to keep the pipelines safe from these threats. Consequently, it is essential for organizations to deploy comprehensive solutions maintaining the requirements of the government compliance, policies and regulations. Manual inspection or presence of armed guards is not a solution for pipelines running in thousands of kilometers as most of the pipeline networks are buried underground.
Advanced technologies and solutions like SCADA, aqua-based systems, DAS (Distributed Acoustic Sensing), unmanned aerial vehicles, and video surveillance have become a necessity to secure the pipelines. The increased spending by oil & gas companies for reliable networks and the installation of new pipelines in the region are driving the growth of pipeline security in Asia-Pacific region.
The report also considers key trends that impact the industry and key profiles of leading companies in the market. Some of the companies mentioned in the report are Alstom, ABB, Schneider Electric, Honeywell, Siemens, Thales Group, GE, Bae Systems, Huawei, Skywave, and Senstar.
- Increased spending by oil & gas companies for reliable networks
- Natural gas is raising new security challenges in APAC
- Installation of new pipelines
- Scattered facilities
- High installation and maintenance costs
- Rise in safety regulations and standards are collectively boosting the pipeline security market.
- This report exhaustively analyzes the Asia-Pacific pipeline security market by segmenting it based on:
- Geography, and by service type (risk management service, pipeline integrity management service, designing, integration and consultation service, and maintenance and support service)
- By products (natural gas, crude oil, chemical pipelines, water and others)
- By technology & solutions (surveillance, perimeter intrusion detection, secure communication, leakage detection systems, fire and explosion safety and industrial control systems security).
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
- Market definition for Asia-Pacific pipeline security market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific pipeline security market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific pipeline security market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Methodology
1.4 Key Findings in the Study
1.5 Market Definition
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Market Drivers
3.3 Market Restraints
3.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Technology Snapshot
5. Global Pipeline Security Market Segmentation and Forecast
5.1 By Products
5.1.1 Natural Gas
5.1.2 Crude Oil
5.1.3 Hazardous Liquid Pipelines/Chemicals
5.2 By Technology and Solutions
5.2.1 Unmanned Aerial Systems
5.2.2 Perimeter Security
5.2.3 Electric-Optic Systems
5.2.4 Ground Sensors
5.2.5 PIG Location Monitoring
5.2.6 Sub-Aqua Systems
5.2.7 Video Surveillance
5.2.8 Control Systems
5.3 By Country
5.3.4 South Korea
6. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
6.1 GE Grid Solutions SPA
6.1.2 Products and Services
6.1.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.1.4 Recent Developments
6.2 ABB Ltd.
6.2.2 Products and Services
6.2.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.2.4 Recent Developments
6.3 Optasens Ltd.
6.3.2 Products and Services
6.3.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.3.4 Recent Developments
6.4 Honeywell International, Inc.,
6.4.2 Products and Services
6.4.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.4.4 Recent Developments
6.5 Siemens AG
6.5.2 Products and Services
6.5.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.5.4 Recent Developments
6.6 Thales S.A.
6.6.2 Products and Services
6.6.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.6.4 Recent Developments
6.7 General Electric Co.
6.7.2 Products and Services
6.7.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.7.4 Recent Developments
6.8 Bae Systems, Inc.
6.8.2 Products and Services
6.8.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.8.4 Recent Developments
6.9 Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.
6.9.2 Products and Services
6.9.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.9.4 Recent Developments
6.10 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
6.10.2 Products and Services
6.10.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.10.4 Recent Developments
6.11 SightLogix, Inc.
6.11.2 Products and Services
6.11.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.11.4 Recent Developments
6.12 SkyWave Mobile Communications, Inc.
6.12.2 Products and Services
6.12.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.12.4 Recent Developments
6.13 Future Fiber Technologies Ltd
6.13.2 Products and Services
6.13.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.13.4 Recent Developments
6.14 Senstar Corporation
6.14.2 Products and Services
6.14.3 Financials (USD Million)
6.14.4 Recent Developments
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Investment Outlook
8. Future of Asia-Pacific Pipeline Security Market