As of 2016, India dominates the cotton seed treatment market, accounting more than half of the market share, while China is the fastest-growing market, expected to register single-digit CAGR during the forecast period.
Primarily, the market for seed treatment is increasing based on a number of factors, such as decreasing crop rotation methods and increasing seed costs. Over the past few years, there have been increasing efforts to increase crop yield; seed treatment is one such technique to increase productivity, which refers to the application of chemical or biological products to the seed.
Rise in the Cost of Seeds Driving the Market
With higher regulatory issues related to fumigation and foliar application of pesticides, seed treatment is being increasingly considered by farmers as a mode to protect high investments made on good quality seeds. Owing to the increasing demand for high-quality seeds with desirable agronomic traits, the cost of seeds is increasing. Both companies and farmers are ready to spend extra for seed treatment solutions to save costly high-quality seeds.
India Dominates the Market
India held 68.5% of the market share of the Asia-Pacific market, in 2015. About 22 % of cotton production comes from India and it stands first in terms of production and second in terms of exports, after the United States. However, when compared with international standards, the quality is low. In order to sustain the same market position, India has to increase its productivity, hence, seed treatment is likely to be an effective way to meet such demand. Calcium oxhychloride is most commonly used for treating seeds among different seed treatments .Recent development of Bt-cotton technology is restraining the market and multinational companies are investing heavily into developing new Bt-based products.
Major Players: BASF SE, Bayer CropScience AG, Chemtura Agrosolutions, and DowDuPont, among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- To have an understanding of the fastest-growing regions in the Asia-Pacific cotton seed treatment market and their growth trends during the forecast period
- The report outlines drivers, restraints, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitors overview, company share analysis
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope & Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Rise in the Cost of Seeds
3.1.2 Strong Domestic Markets
3.1.3 Favourable Government initiatives
3.2.1 Monopoly of Private Companies
3.2.2 Long Term Adverse Impact on the Ecosystem
3.2.3 Increasing Popularity of Bt-Cotton
3.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Powers of Buyers
3.3.2 Bargaining Powers of Suppliers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat from Substitute products
3.3.5 Competition Rivalry
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Application
4.2 By Geography
4.2.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles*
6.1 Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd
6.2 Advanced Biological Marketing Inc.
6.3 BASF SE
6.4 Bayer Cropscience AG
6.6 Verdesian Life Sciences
6.7 Novozymes A/S
6.8 Nufarm Ltd
*List not Exhaustive
7. Future of the Market