Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Argentina's E-commerce Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.69 % from 2022 to 2027. Carrefour is the largest player in the Argentine e-commerce Market. In 2021, the store made $286 million in revenue. It is followed by adidas.com.ar, which has a revenue of US$250 million, and Walmart.com.ar, which has a revenue of US$193 million. The top three stores account for 10% of all online revenue in Argentina.
- In the next four years, the Argentine market is expected to be one of the fastest-growing. Because of the increased use of mobile devices and the consumer characteristics of this country, companies looking to invest in Latin America find Argentina to be a promising and effective scenario for competing in global e-commerce.
- MercadoLibre, a Buenos Aires-based online marketplace, is also boosting e-commerce in Argentina. According to eMarketer, MercadoLibre is to Latin America what "Amazon is to the United States" or "Alibaba is to China." The platform has over 267 million registered users, the majority of whom are from Latin America. In 2019, MercadoLibre generated nearly $2.3 billion in net revenue, a 60% increase over the previous year. Argentina contributed $456 million.
- There are many strong reasons to target Argentina with e-commerce; the market is still progressing and not without barriers. It has an unstable economy and a high inflation rate, which has reduced Argentine consumers' purchasing power.
- Argentina faces an uncertain situation between 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19-driven fintech boom. The country has had some success with digital banking, such as the digital wallet MODO or the Estrategia Nacional de Inclusión Financiera (ENIF, as the Spanish-language acronym suggests).
- 90% of online Argentine adults (18.3 million people) have made at least one purchase. Argentina's e-commerce increased by 124% in 2020 after rising by 76% in 2019, with growth likely to continue in 2021 due to the extended quarantine imposed for the COVID-19 pandemic.
Scope of the Report
E-commerce is the purchasing and selling of products and services over the Internet. It is conducted over computers, mobiles, tablets, and other smart devices. There are primarily two types of e-commerce, including Business-to-Consumer (B2C) and Business-to-Business (B2B).
The Argentina E-commerce Market is segmented into B2C E-Commerce (Beauty and Personal Care, Consumer Electronics, Fashion and Apparel, Food and Beverage, Furniture and Home), and B2B E-Commerce.
|By B2C e-commerce|
|Market size (GMV) for the period of 2017-2027|
|By B2B e-commerce|
|Market size for the period of 2017-2027|
Key Market Trends
Argentina E-commerce Market
- The main reasons that a shopper buys online are related to the user experience, the ability to buy at any time and have the products delivered to their home, and having lower prices or discount codes compared to the physical stores.
- Argentina has the highest percentage of internet users in Latin America. One major reason for this is Argentina's high rate of mobile device use. Almost 60% of the Argentine population uses a mobile device to access the internet.
- In Argent%ina, credit cards are used for the vast majority of online purchases. According to CACE, 78% of e-commerce purchases were made with a credit card, either by a payment platform (56%), a payment gateway (21%), or in-store (1% ).
- Credit cards remain the preferred payment method in Argentina's e-commerce market due to an increase in digital wallets. While one out of every four transactions will be paid for with digital wallets by 2021, this method is expected to be Argentina's fastest-growing online payment method.
- Mobile commerce is rapidly expanding in Argentina. According to eMarketer, mobile e-commerce sales increased by 45% between 2017 and 2018. Further, some Argentina retailers have been slow to launch mobile-friendly web pages. As a result, desktop and laptop computers remain the preferred devices for Argentine online shoppers.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Carrefour is the largest player in the Argentine e-commerce Market. In 2021, the store made $286 million in revenue. It is followed by adidas.com.ar, which has a revenue of US$250 million, and Walmart.com.ar, which has a revenue of US$193 million. The top three stores account for 10% of all online revenue in Argentina. Argentina is the 29th largest e-commerce market, with an income of $7 billion in 2021, ahead of Finland and behind Belgium. Electronics and media is Argentina's largest segment, accounting for 30% of total e-commerce revenue. This is followed by Fashion with 25%, Furniture & Appliances with 16%, Toys, Hobby & DIY with 16%, and Food & Personal Care with the remaining 12%.
May 2022- Amazon announced that customers in Argentina could access Amazon Music Unlimited, the platform's whole music subscription tier, which includes unlimited access to Amazon Music's library of HD and ultra-HD music, totaling 90 million tracks. The launch of Amazon Music Argentina follows the November 10, 2021, launch of Amazon Music in Colombia and Chile.
April 2022- Amazon has been chosen by 26% of online shoppers worldwide for their most recent cross-border purchase, and Alibaba ranked second as the major attraction for international cross-border online purchases.
March 2022- Telecom, a leader in technology innovations for the B2B corporate market and public bodies, has been selected as a technological partner by Frávega, an appliance company with over a century of experience, for the contracting of Amazon Web Services Cloud Services (AWS).
December 2021- Musimundo concludes 2021 with four new branches in General Rodrguez, Devoto, Terrazas, and the DOT Baires Shopping, bringing the total number of stores in the country to 193. Musimundo continues its sustained growth throughout Argentina, bringing the best technology for the home, personal use, and family entertainment, with these openings and more than 45 years of experience.
September 2021- Acer, a computer product manufacturer, owns a gaming line like many other brands. The company's Predator line not only seeks to contribute to the casual gamer but was also introduced to the world of esports a few years ago. The company will now be an official sponsor of the Musimundo Gaming League, a tournament that brings together the professional and amateur gaming worlds.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness-Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Key market trends and share of e-commerce of total Retail sector
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the e-commerce sales
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increase in virtual electronic wallets
5.1.2 Penetration of Internet and Smartphone Usage
5.1.3 Increasing online purchases
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Omnichannel customer experience
5.2.2 Credit Card Requirements
5.3 Analysis of key demographic trends and patterns related to the e-commerce industry in Argentina (Coverage to include Population, Internet Penetration, ecommerce Penetration, Age & Income etc.)
5.4 Analysis of the key modes of transaction in the e-commerce industry in Argentina (coverage to include prevalent modes of payment such as cash, card, bank transfer, wallets, etc.)
5.5 Analysis of cross-border e-commerce industry in Argentina (Current market value of cross-border & key trends)
5.6 Current positioning of country Argentina in the e-commerce industry in South America
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By B2C e-commerce
6.1.1 Market size (GMV) for the period of 2017-2027
6.1.2 Market Segmentation - by Application
22.214.171.124 Beauty & Personal Care
126.96.36.199 Consumer Electronics
188.8.131.52 Fashion & Apparel
184.108.40.206 Food & Beverage
220.127.116.11 Furniture & Home
18.104.22.168 Others (Toys, DIY, Media, etc.)
6.2 By B2B e-commerce
6.2.1 Market size for the period of 2017-2027
7. Competitive Landscape
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Carrefour Argentina
7.1.7 Mercado Libre Argentina
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of the Market
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Argentina E-commerce Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Argentina E-commerce Market ?
The Argentina E-commerce Market is growing at a CAGR of 20.69% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Argentina E-commerce Market ?
Carrefour Argentina , Adidas , Fravega, Easy.com, Musimundo, Amazon, Mercado Libre Argentina are the major companies operating in Argentina E-commerce Market .