The Europe smart textile market is estimated at USD XX billion in 2016 and is forecasted to reach USD XX billion by 2021, at a CAGR of XX%. Europe is the second largest market with XX% share of the total smart textile market. The military & defense industry is expected to remain the largest market segment. The growing applications of smart textiles in sport & fitness industry are expected to drive the market in the forecast year.
The increasing applications of smart textile in the military, defense, fitness, and sports industries are driving the European smart textile market. While the military & defense industry accounts for XX% of the European smart textile market, the sport & fitness industry accounts for XX%. Athletes and major league players are constantly striving to improve their performance and the choice of storing data for analysis by lightweight devices that can be fitted to their sportswear is paving the way for further performance enhancement.
Restraints and Challenges
The major restraining factors for the growth of the smart textiles market are the slow rate of adoption and the lack of extensive standards and regulations. Compatibility issues and high-cost of production of smart textiles are also some of the factors affecting the growth of this market. Smart fabrics are highly complex and require high-end materials. As a result, the perfect cost-price balance has been difficult to achieve. Incompatibility issues among different types of smart textiles and electronic systems are also common, further making it difficult for the global smart textiles market to achieve a steady growth.
Medical applications, which accounted for over XX% of the European smart textile market, will grow faster than the global average and further enhance the smart textile market. Smart fabrics can analyse physiological parameters such as temperature, heart rate and blood pressure. The problems concerning power supply are expected to drive the need for energy harvesting.
Some of the major players in the market are:
- Schoeller Textiles AG (Switzerland)
- Interactive Wear AG (Germany)
About the Market
- PESTLE Analysis (Overview): Macro market factors pertinent to this region.
- Market Definition: Main, as well as, associated/ancillary components constituting the market.
- Key Findings of the Study: Top headlines about market trends & numbers.
- Market Dynamics:
- Drivers: What are the key factors driving growth in the market?
- Restraints: Most relevant threats and restraints which hinder the growth of the market?
- Opportunities: Sectors of high return or quick turn around on investment?
- Market Concentration: Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis quantified by a comprehensive list of parameters.
- Chain Analysis:
- Market Share Analysis: Top players in the market (by value and volume).
- Company Profiles: Pertinent details about leading, high growth, and innovation-motivated stakeholders with contact, operations, product/service offerings, financials and strategies & insights.
1.1 Definition of the Market
1.2 Research Approach and Methodology
1.2.2 Research Design
1.2.3 Study Phases
1.3 Scope of the Report
1.4 Regional Analysis
1.4.1 PESTLE Analysis
1.4.2 Analysis of Ease of Doing Business
2. Market Dynamics
2.4 Market Demand Analysis
2.4.1 Identification of Target Subsegments (Demand Estimation)
2.4.2 Socio-Economic Segmentation of Potential Consumers
2.4.3 Spending Patterns
2.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
2.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
2.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
2.5.5 Degree of Competition
3. Market Segmentation
3.1 By Type (USD million)
3.1.1 Active Smart
3.1.2 Passive Smart
3.2 By application (USD million)
3.2.2 Energy Harvesting
3.2.3 Luminescence & Aesthetics
3.3 By End-user (USD million)
3.3.1 Military and Protection
3.3.4 Sports and fitness
3.3.5 Fashion and entertainment
3.4 By Region (USD million)
3.4.2 United Kingdom
4. Competition Analysis
4.1 Market Share of Major Stakeholders
4.2 Strategies Adopted, Recent Events
5. Supply Chain Analysis
5.1 Trade (Import-Export Analysis)
5.2 Distribution Network & Retail Analysis
6. Government Policies