|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The airport robots market is estimated to register a CAGR of over 15%, during the forecast period, 2020 - 2025.
Various airports, worldwide, are making use of robots that are helping airport officials interact with passengers and provide with assistance at the airport. Moreover, airports across the world are engaged in conducting trials with robots, in terms of providing information, guidance, and entertainment solutions to passengers.
Additionally, robots have been introduced for cleaning, as well as security services. The increasing number of robots being used in airports, worldwide, is likely to drive the growth of the market in the future. The introduction of advanced technology robots to improve airport services is expected to lead to enhanced customer experience, in the years to come.
Therefore, the increasing adoption of Artificial Intelligence, as well as chatbots, for handling airline bookings and queries, is expected to provide growth opportunities for the market in the future.
Scope of the Report
Airport robot is a new-age concept that has been introduced in several airports, worldwide. In the future, robots are set to replace airport staff, in terms of airport operation handling. The integration of Artificial Intelligence within airports may lead to robots performing airport operations, such as airport cleaning, providing security services, baggage handling, and may also act as passenger guidance systems. The market includes the various applications of robots in valet parking, airport security, boarding pass scanning, and passenger guidance, as well as airport baggage handling system.
Key Market Trends
Autonomous Robots are Helping the Airport Security Segment
- Currently, the airport security segment has the highest share among all the segments. Airport security is one of the biggest concerns faced by airport officials, worldwide. The rise in terrorism across the world has led to airport officials taking extra precaution and being highly focused toward airport security.
- To prevent any unwanted incidents, airports around the world have taken a step further and have started the testing of autonomous robots, which is expected to help security officials provide adequate security at the airport.
- Airports, such as Hamad International Airport and La Guardia Airport, have started deploying security robots to provide the next level of airport security. The robots come equipped with an in-built facial recognition system, cameras, and sensor. They can measure pulse rate remotely, and thus, detect suspicious persons, credit cards, fake currencies, abandoned objects, and explosives, without disturbing the passenger flow at the airport terminal.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is likely to Register Highest Growth in the Airport Robots Market during the Forecast Period
- In the airport robots market, the growth of the Asia-Pacific region is expected to be more, during the forecast period. China is one of the fastest-growing air travel markets. According to the IATA (International Air Transport Association), China is set to displace the United States as the world’s largest aviation market, by mid-2020. The rebalancing of China’s economy is likely to support strong passenger demand over the long term.
- Moreover, since 2017, Shenzhen Bao'an Airport in China is engaged in operating Anbot, a robot programmed to carry out security checks at the departure hall of Terminal 3. Developed by the Shenzhen Public Security Bureau and the Chinese National Defense University, the robot has been fitted with four high-definition cameras, as well as a facial recognition software, which can take pictures of passengers and send them for analysis at security stations. Such developments are expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The airport robot market is consolidated, with only a handful of players controlling the market. LG Electronics Inc. and Stanley Robotics are the leading players in the market. Both the companies have been occupying leading positions in the market for a long time. The companies have been engaged in various initiatives and product innovations, which have led them to strengthen their presence in the market. For example, LG Electronics Inc. reported setting trial services for several airport guide robots, as well as airport cleaning robots, at the Incheon International Airport (South Korea).
In October 2021, Kansai Airports announced that it deployed Secom Robot X2, an autonomous patrolling robot, at Terminal 2 of Kansai International Airport (KIX) and at the airport’s railway station. The new surveillance robot can autonomously navigate patrol routes using a laser sensor to identify its location and monitoring various areas at the airport.
In July 2021, Singapore Changi Airport deployed Avidbots Neo floor robot cleaners developed by Avidbots Corp. to enhance the productivity of their cleaning teams and reduce costs. The Avidbots Neo is a purpose-built floor scrubbing robot integrated with navigation technology, sensors and software with elegant hardware.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
184.108.40.206 Valet Parking
220.127.116.11 Airport Security
18.104.22.168 Boarding Pass Scanning
22.214.171.124 Airport Baggage System
126.96.36.199 Passenger Guidance
5.2.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 United Arab Emirates
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.2 LG Electronics Inc.
6.2.3 Stanley Robotics
6.2.4 Cyberdyne Inc.
6.2.5 SoftBank Corp.
6.2.6 ABB Ltd
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Airport Robots Market market is studied from 2018 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Airport Robots Market?
The Airport Robots Market is growing at a CAGR of >15% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Airport Robots Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Airport Robots Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Airport Robots Market?
LG Electronics Inc., Stanley Robotics, Cyberdyne Inc., SoftBank Corp., ABB Ltd are the major companies operating in Airport Robots Market.