The Africa Freeze dried product market is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period of 2018–2023, to reach USD XX billion by 2023. Freeze-drying, commonly known as lyophilisation, is a food preservation technology that reduces the moisture load of the product while retaining the original structure and maximum nutrients. Freeze-dried food is the best-dehydrated food available due to its superior texture and sensory quality after rehydration.
The primary factor driving the freeze-dried food market is the superior quality product compared to other drying technologies. The final product has an excellent shelf-life (up to 25 years) without any added preservative. The high shelf-life makes it a profitable product during its supply chain. Moreover, the products have an original shape with light-weight that makes it convenient for transportation and is appealing also. In developed regions, such as North America, freeze-dried food can be stored for longer duration at home or on a journey and requires no time for cooking, which has grown its importance among consumers. The restraining factor for the market is the availability of other drying techniques such as spray-drying, and fluid bed drying, as they are relatively low-cost than freeze-drying. Freeze-drying equipment are comparatively costlier than other dryers, which is a major drawback for small- and medium-scale industries.
The freeze-dried food market is segmented by the product type that includes freeze-dried fruits, vegetables, beverages, meat and sea food, dairy products and prepared foods. Fruits and vegetables are heat-sensitive products, which are more prone to loss of the vitamins and minerals when exposed to high temperatures. Freeze-drying preserves the necessary vitamins and antioxidants of the fruits during dehydration, which increases its importance among the various drying techniques. The freeze-dried fruits market holds the largest share, followed by vegetables and beverages. Freeze-dried beverages are further segmented into tea, coffee and fruit beverages. The freeze-dried prepared food includes freeze-dried soup and prepared meal. The freeze-dried prepared food market is growing at a fast rate due to the excellent nutrition and sensory quality of the products, apart from their instant cooking capability.
The African region comprises of South Africa and other countries. South Africa has potential growth prospects in the freeze-dried food market.
Some of the major players capturing the freeze-dried food market include -
- Wattie's (Heinz)
Technological advances in freeze-dried foods, to explore super foods such as beetroot, and elderberry, are the future spotlight in the market. The growing demand of additive-free and natural products is paving way for good opportunities in the freeze-dried product market.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Africa freeze-dried product market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Africa freeze-dried product market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insight about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trend
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Excellent Shelf-Life of Product without Added Preservatives
4.1.2 Expanding Preserved Food Market
4.1.3 Superior Product Quality for Heat Sensetive Food Products
4.2.1 High Manufacturing & Product Cost
4.2.2 Availability of Other Dried Technique Such as Spray-Dried Foods
4.3.1 Growing Demand of Additive-Free and Natural Food Products
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Freeze-Dried Fruits
5.1.2 Freeze-Dried Vegetables
5.1.3 Freeze-Dried Beverages
22.214.171.124 Tea and Coffee
126.96.36.199 Other Fruit Beverages
5.1.4 Freeze-Dried Meat and Sea food
5.1.5 Freeze-Dried Dairy Products
5.1.6 Prepared Food (Freeze-Dried Meal, Soup)
5.2 By Geography
5.2.1 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 Kerry Group
7.4 Heinz Wattie's
7.5 Chaucer Freeze Dried
7.6 Paradise Fruits
7.7 TATA Coffee
7.8 Paradiesfrucht GmbH
7.9 Freeze-Dry Foods GmbH